Friday, October 21, 2005

Nostalgia

It's Homecoming week and for the Newport students, it's always been themed. Everyday has a different theme and students are supposed to dress up accordingly and also every class gets their own theme and a section of the school to decorate accordingly. I remember when I was in high school and the seniors' section was always the coolest; no change there. June had stayed after school for 7 hours yesterday to help with the freshman section so I went with June to school today so that she could show me what everone had done this year. The freshman had St. Patrick's Day, the sophomores had 4th of July, the juniors had New Year's and the Seniors had Halloween. Hmm, not very original eh. However, theirs was really good; they'd made half of their space into a haunted house and the other half is always the senior lounge, sofas, tv and XBox included. The freshman did really well this year; I don't remember ever seeing such a good one. Everyone was saying the freshman beat the sophomores this year; after seeing it for myself today, I can see why. The sophomores' wasn't smashing, to say the least.

This is the first time I've been back to Newport since 2001, when I had to pick up my diploma because they didn't mail it to me. This quick visit made me nostalgic. Oh how times have changed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home