Sunday, October 16, 2005

Just Jump On the Bandwagon, Why Dontcha!

Okay, so I did. I joined the masses and bought a Coach handbag (read Sept 16th post). But there's a story behind this purchase!! A damn good story and reason, too.

There's this store nearby called Plato's Closet where they buy gently used brandname clothes and resell them. I took a couple of my old jeans and shoes, a jumper and a skirt to try and sell. They took a pair of shoes and the skirt and gave me about $10 for it; I was going to buy a new jumper - a lovely grey Ralph Lauren cable knit (just the kind I want!) jumper for only $20 - when I spied a Coach purse behind the counter. *GASP!* I checked it out and it's authentic and then I looked at the price tag. It's an older styled one, a brown signature print one like this, about 7 (L) x 4.5 (H) x 4.5 (W) inches. I could hardly believe my luck so I looked at the price tag...*insert drum roll*...it was only $50!!! Ohmygosh, these sized ones usually run $180, and here I'm being offered the chance to buy one at $40 (minus the $10 I got for selling some clothes)!! I was with Dem and she said, 'Well, it is only $50." Sorry Ralph but Coach just upseated you! So I bought it. I've never seen this style one - and believe me I've seen a lot of styles - so I'm inclined to think it runs about $200-$300. To get such a high quality handbag at that such a (relatively) low price, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, so I seized the day! So now I'm a very smug owner of a Coach purse; I only paid a small fraction of the full retail price! I am SUCH a bargain hunter!! However, because everyone and their mom in Bellevue owns a Coach purse, I won't be using it that often around here. But, ohmygosh, I can't believe I bought a Coach purse for only $50!!! Madness. :D I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. Later. And no more shopping for Jessie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home