Sunday, October 09, 2005

Van's advice

So I'm browsing through anothe of Van's bulletins and came across this one. Van's like my twin (or my best non-gay gay friend)...except he's an Aquarian and talks more than I do. *GASP!* Yes, he talks more than I do and he almost always has something good to say. Or, rather, I almost always agree with what he says. Read on...

Van's back w/ some tips on how to tell the special woman of yours that special, life changing phrase... "I Love You."

1. First off... think about when and where you want to tell her. Is there a special place you want to be? A certain day? Take for example, you might want to tell her at the restaurant where you went on your first date (GREAT IDEA FELLAS!), or on the two-month or nine-month anniversary of your first date (if you can remember, lol).

2. Set the mood and be romantic. Buy her flowers or a romantic gift. (Underneath that bulky macho look I know there's a Romeo... So dun hand me that "I can't be romantic" bullshit.)

3. Look at her directly (eye contact is ESSCENTIAL!), take her hand and tell her how positive you feel about her ("You make my heart"... "Everytime I'm around you".... "Ever since we"... stuff like that). Give her examples of things you really like about her. Be sincere.

4. Tell her how you feel being with her, and how much you enjoy your time together (women love hearing how perfect they are). Be specific about what you value and appreciate about being with her.

5. Follow these positive statements with telling her you love her in whatever way feels best for you. For example: "I feel I've come to love you," "I realize I love you," "I feel so much love for you," "I've fallen in love with you," or simply, "I love you."

Now, words of warning...

- Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for her possible response if you are not sure whether she feels the same way about you. For example: If you are hoping she will say "I love you" in return, what if she doesn't?

- Decide if you are ready to be that vulnerable and if you could handle whatever she may say.

- Go for it if you feel ready to take the risk. Love is risky!

If you can do this.. well hell, you've proven yourself a more brave man than I. Good luck guys!

P.S. One more thing... Make sure you are SOBER when you tell her.

He grew up with his mother and sisters all around, so he knows women. And this is honestly how he feels. More guys need to be like him...maybe he should go on lecturing circuits...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This dude is BRILLIANT.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home