Thursday, October 06, 2005

Office Perks

I love working in an office. All the amenities are at my fingertips, like an almost endless supply of stationery (I love stationery), i.e. pens, paper, notebooks and pads, envelopes, staples and staplers, a photocopier for my use anytime, laser printers (b/w and colour) at my disposal, and fax machines (even though the ones in our office are on the verge of being thrown out the window). There's even one of those big paper slicer things (it has a wicked looking blade attached to a handle that you move up and down to cut paper). Our little kitchen is awesome, too. It has a microwave and standard size refridgerator, a stainless steel sink and dish rack, proper dishes, mugs, cups and utensils, paper dishes and cups, plastic utensils, lots of paper towels, tea (Yay, but we're out of English Breakfast Tea! Sad!), lots of coffee and Nestle hot cocoa (It's the best kind!). Best of all, there's a toaster; I can leave bread and butter in the fridge and have toast here every morning for breakfast. That saves me the trouble of trying to get breakfast while I'm rushing out the door. Oh and there's a hot and cold water cooler. I love it. I need to bring a small thing of lotion, though...

There's this guy whose office is near my desk and he talks really loudly. I mean, really loudly. I can hear all his conversations clearly and it annoys me. It was funny when he got really annoyed with someone and after he hung up, he started swearing at him and then called someone else and started ranting to the someone else about him. That reminds me...I have a phone on my desk. I wonder what my direct line is, assuming I even had a direct line. I haven't been here a week and my desk is totally covered with papers already.

My boss was talking to me about the 'PM' earlier and I was thinking to myself, "The who? Prime Minister??" Turns out, he's the Project Manager and his office is across the hall from me. Haha. And I just found out that our CEO is back; his office is across the suite from me. He's Spanish and speaks fluent Japanese. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home