Friday, September 23, 2005

My day started as usual. Woke up at 6:45am to take my sister to work. Came home and went back to sleep. Woke up again at 8 to take my brother to class. Came home and went back to sleep again. Then my routine changed; I got a call from one of the companies I applied to for an internship, asking me to come down today at 10:30. Woohoo. However, I had completely underestimated Seattle traffic: it took me over AN HOUR to get to downtown Seattle when it usually only takes 20-30 minutes! Good grief!!! Needless to say I was totally late for my interview by almost a half hour. I aplogized profusely and explained and she was totally cool about it.

The interview went well, I thought. She went over what the company was about (LizardTech, a software technology company), what the internship would entail, her expectations and my duties, etc., and I talked about why I wanted this internship and why I want to go into marketing/PR/advertising. It was very informal and relaxed; she was wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie! Totally ace. She gave me a quick tour of the office (it was nice and cozy and not too big) and said I'd hear back from her later today because she was seeing another person right after me.

I got her message sometime after 2 and I called her back. Totally got the internship! Go me!! Not only was this my first interview, I was late for it, too! Not to blow up my own ego but I must have what it takes. ~Woohoo~ I accepted and so now I'm totally psyched about it. And I do get $500 at the end of the internship, which is cool. However, I do have 3 more definite interviews next week, which I'll definitely attend. I don't think I should schedule anymore, though... I received another response today and the guy said, "Your interest in the internship excites me!" I'm, like, whoa and wow, someone's excited; he sounds really cool in the email. Should I schedule an interview? It's about the marketing and sales aspects of music... Don't know, don't know. LizardTech sounds cooler, though, and it's about PR which I'm more interested in at the moment than marketing...

I'm knackered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!!! When do you start your internship, and how long does it run for?

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home