Monday, September 19, 2005

I've been broken, shut down and useless
Feet above me
Hands in the air
You got me falling over and over
You got me twisted tied up and tangled
I do it all for you
You know I've been a fool for you
I thought I tripped on a shoelace
I look down and it's only you


Now I'm standing at a terminal waiting to connect to another plane

If I told you I just cancelled my flight to America
Would you call me insane?
Everything I am has been neatly contained into
the contents of a Samsonite bag
Me, a laptop, 2 suitcases and I'm coming to see you
whether you like it or not


That's the first stanza and chorus from Darren Hayes' Like It Or Not from his Spin album. It has a beautiful melody and the lyrics are so full of meaning. *Listens to it again* I 'loves' it and it's relevant to me.
_____________

Mom came home today, yay! She loved her surprise and said the room looks much better with blue walls. It took forever for her luggage to arrive at baggage claim and her bags were so heavy! She brought back a bunch of art stuff, i.e. books and materials, and clothes for my sister and I. However, she underestimated my size so most of the clothes went to my sister. I lost weight but I'm not chest didn't! Eesh. She was going to buy me a new traditional Chinese dress, aka quipao (pronounced chee-pow) but I told her not to because I wanted to personally pick out a new one; the fabric of my old one is literally coming apart everywhere. I want this one: http://www.ancientmoods.com/customer/product.php?productid=812&cat=339&page=2. But which colour?! Too many choices!! When I get one I'd need to get a matching handbag and shoes; not just any accessories will do because the fabric's so different and unique. It's cool though because I don't need new clothes so the ones I could fit in were a bonus. She didn't buy me any Chinese knotting string though. Bummer. I do have a LOT of string but they're all the thick kind and I'm running out of the thin kind to make tassles. I should contact my old Chinese knotting teacher for supplies...

*Listens to Darren's
Like It Or Not again...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home