Monday, September 19, 2005

Today's Monday but this is news from the past weekend. I was way too tired yesterday to write anything and the day before...well, I was out all day and didn't get home until 3am.

Saturday I was at work all day, till 11, and straight after work I headed down to Capitol Hill again to meet up with Ryan and Co. They were having dinner at a really nice looking restaurant called Charlie's, on Broadway, and the food didn't look too bad either. We were heading to a housewarming party near the U and Greenlake, thrown by Ryan's friend, Liam. Georgia, Matt and Mike didn't come out (old fogies!) so Ryan, Junior and I headed up there to check it out. Ryan said Liam is really cute and has an adorable laugh; he was ok and I don't remember him laughing (it's either that or his laugh wasn't memorable/adorable enough). He was really nice though and so were his other 3 housemates and the house was pretty cool. It was the perfect college party house but the 'party' wasn't really happenin'. The people there were in cliques and there wasn't much mingling; it was nothing like the house parties I went to in England.

There was this girl, passed out in Liam's bedroom, who woke up a little later and walked around a bit and she was wearing a tight top and tight (short) skirt, both in white. Now white is a tricky colour to pull off when it's a short, stretchy skirt; only some people, mainly of the slimmer variety, can pull it off. She, however, was not of the slimmer variety and was more on the heavier side. In short, that skirt did NOT look good on her (made her ass look big in a bad way) and that top was squeezing instead of hugging, and the entire ensemble just emphasized her size and detracted from her looks. So not cute. *Grimace*

We stayed for a couple of hours, meeting Liam and his housemates and some other friends. We sat down on the futon couch, chatting to each other, right next to some incense, and I think the fumes got to us because we got a little giggly. The incense all burned up and that's when we decided to leave. We headed to U Village (University Village shopping centre, so named because it's right by the University of Washington) to get coffee at the 24 hour Starbucks (YAY!). The barista forgot about my order though (sad!) so he gave me a free shot of caramel with my latte and I also got a free drink coupon. Way cool! Apparently those coupons are really hard to come by. Fortified by my caramel latte, I drove home and got into bed at 3:30.

And no, it doesn't end there. My sister had joined Key Club at school (this volunteering club) and had to be in Kirkland (about 20 minutes north of here) at 6am, meaning I had to be up at around 5:30 to take her. I went back to sleep right away after I got back but had to wake up again at 10:30 for work. Needless to say I was absolutely knackered at work and towards the end of my shift I got really, really, really irritable and clients were annoying me by just browsing in my section. Jessie is not in a good mood and very anti-social when she doesn't get enough sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home