Friday, September 16, 2005

I have Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" stuck in my head because it was the last song I heard on the radio.

Here I am
Once again
I’m torn into pieces
Can’t deny it
Can’t pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up deep inside
But you won’t get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

I'm not sad, though; I'm happy and it's all due to one person. :D Imagine me driving in my car and singing along at the top of my lungs. Use imagination because that's something no one will ever experience (me singing full blast in my car). Why? Because I only do it when I'm alone because I know no one else appreciates it.

Something I see everyday at work really, really, REALLY annoys me: all these people with Coach handbags, especially 12-year-old girls who have no business carrying a handbag like that! It seems like everyone has one and it gets on my nerves because I actually like Coach purses. I was thinking about saving up money and buying one when they go on sale at Nordstrom or Macy's but I don't think I'm going to do that anymore; I hate having something that is so easily recognized and everybody else has. It's like scallies (English equivalent to white trash) ruining Burberry, except these girls aren't scallies. It's the same deal with Louis Vuitton handbags as well. *Makes a disgusted noise*

My coworker did the most amazing thing to me today. I was complaining about my shoulders aching and she came up behind me and pressed 2 pressure points at the base of my neck. My legs almost gave out beneath me and I had to grab the counter to hold myself up; that's how good that felt. Ohmygod, I need to ask her where exactly she pressed so I can teach it. I really need a good shoulder rub. I also need to do something about my wrist. It aches as well; it feels as if I bent it backwards and kept it in that position for too long. The tendons on the back of my wrist and hand ache. I'm falling apart here.

A couple of days ago, one of my managers, Clara, said the nicest thing to me at work. She praised me for my good work, interacting with and helping clients, knowing what I needed to do and when and being pro-active, and she said it seems like I've been there for a really long time. I was so pleased! I know it's not often that managers praise their employees - most tend to reprimand more than praise - so the fact that she went out of her way to thank me was awesome. I really love working with these girls and the job's not too bad (except for the part that we have to constantly ask people to open credit cards, which I don't like doing). It's just going to make it that much harder to leave. Two of the girls there went to the same high school I did and I knew one of their brothers! But I really hate asking people if they have an Angels credit card; even though I have one and I know it's really cool because they send you all these coupons and special offers and discounts, credit cards are still evil.

My brother finished painting the rest of the ceiling of my mom's room today. Yay the room's all painted, it looks beautiful and I'm moving her stuff back in tomorrow. She's going to be SO surprised and pleased with it. I can't wait for her to see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home