Wednesday, September 21, 2005

For you I’d wait til kingdom come
Until my day, my day is done
And say you’ll come and set me free
Just say you’ll wait, you’ll wait for me
('Till Kingdom Come, X & Y, Coldplay)

That's my favourite song on the album. It's vulnerable, honest and beautiful. And it's stuck in my head.

Today I went to Costco to get my tires changed. Good grief, it costed 3 hundred and eighty-four freaking dollars. Eek. But now I can drive (fast) safely and with some peace of mind. :) While we were waiting for the car to get fixed, my sister, brother and I walked to the shopping plaza across the street and did some window shopping. We went to Michael's, an arts and crafts store that I absolutely love - I can spend so much time looking through everything in there - and June bought a 24 set of Prismacolor brand colour pencils, on sale of course. Apparently, these pencils are what all the elite artists use; they're professional colour pencils and they're also really expensive. Luckily, the set she bought was 30% off regular price and only came to about $10. Some of the sets go as high as $150. She's well chuffed with her purchase and was hugging it to herself all the way home. Then we went to Office Depot to browse around and I found these awesome pink folders! They're sold exclusively at Office Depot and 15% of the purchase price from the sale of these folders will go to support breast cancer research, treatment and educational programs. How cool is that! Not only are they PINK but they help a good cause as well! Plus, they're cheaper than the regular ones - even better! So now I have pink folders and have donated some money to a good cause. :D Yay. The funny thing is that I was just thinking that morning, while half asleep because the best ideas always come to me when I'm in that state, about organising some files and bills, and I thought to myself, I need to buy some folders.

My sister got a free ticket for 2 to an advance screening of Elijah Wood's new movie, Everything is Illuminated. However, we got stuck in traffic and didn't make the 7 o'clock start. Bummer. Darn Seattle traffic. At least it was free so we didn't lose anything.

Yesterday, I applied to about 18 internships. Today, I already got a response from 4 of them. Cool. Trying to coordinate times and set up interviews. I'm chuffed. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home