Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I got a flat tire...tyre (hehehe)...last night. I drove over something that I wasn't supposed to, having misjudged the distance. Oops. I went down to the shop near my house and they looked over the tire and the verdict: the tire is bald and too dangerous to drive on anymore, therefore it won't do me any good to patch it up. And I need 4 brand new tires. Damn, that's going to cost a big chunk of change. I'm beginning to hate having a car and hate having to need a car. It just costs so much money: petrol, oil changes, more petrol...and now new tires! Argh! Luckily my brother has agreed to pay for some - I'm thinking half because he drives it, too - of it.

My sister found THE cutest picture online the other day:

It's The Phantom of the Opera, which I absolutely LOVE, combined with Stitch from Disney's Lilo & Stitch. The artist, Stefan Ribera, combined the two and it's SO cute!!! I love it!!! It's too bad I can't order a print (because it's copyrighted). Ribera can be found at http://ribera.deviantart.com. While I'm at it, here's my sister's site, too: http://snowanjel.deviantart.com. Check it out; there are some good stuff on there.

Today was supposed to be my day off but I was asked to come into work today because my coworker, Felicia, had a swollen throat or something and needed to get it checked out pronto. So I went in for about 4 hours, which wasn't too bad except that I didn't get much sleep nor get to sleep in. I was reading last night and ended up staying up till almost 1:30. I was up at 6:45 to take my sister to school. I came home and went back to sleep for an hour, then woke up at 8 when Felicia called me, got ready for work, drove my brother to class at 8:20 and made it down to work by 8:45. Whew, what a morning. And I opened up a new card today - woohoo! I'm making it into a challenge (on most days) for and to myself and I can do no other than rise up to the challenge. I does give me great satisfaction when I manage to persuade people and make them see all the benefits that come from having a Victoria's Secret Angels credit card...even though credit cards are still evil. Oh, but the benefits! I'm torn.

Later today, I went back to the mall with my sister to do a bit of window shopping. We went to Express to try on some jeans. They're only $29.50 at the moment. Although it's still a bit pricey (I don't normally pay more than $20 for jeans), it is a very good price for a pair of Express quality (read: top notch) jeans which normally cost somewhere up in the $50+ range. Plus, the 'short' length is the perfect lenth for my shortness, they're super cute and they make my rear end look pretty good, too, I think. All in all, it's a good buy...but I don't need a new pair of jeans...unless I sell some of the ones I have already that I don't wear because I've come to realise that they're just way too long and I've become very picky about the fit of my jeans.

Anyways, I knew I'd dropped a dress size so I grabbed some in size 6 short. They didn't fit all that well; the waistband was gaping! So I'm thinking to myself, ohmygosh, I'm going to need a size 4! The 4 fit really well. Ohmygosh, I've dropped from an 8 to a 4 - TWO sizes! Check me out!! That was a pretty awesome possum discovery and sure made my night. However, I was slightly deflated when I went to Gap and fit a size 6 perfectly. Hmm...oh well. Still smaller than before woohoo! Express jeans make my butt look better than Gap jeans do, so next time I need jeans, it's off to Express (at the next sale time)!

And no song in my head tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home