Wednesday, October 05, 2005

"Girl, you got some dumps!"

I'm sitting in the office, feet curled up beneath me and looking slightly bleary eyed, sipping my will-be-routine cup of hot cocoa. Mm mmm. I'm trying to write this in between doing research for my boss; I can multi-task very well. :)

Yesterday was a very cute Jess day. I was wearing those gauchos I'd bought last week with some cute flats (yes, all my shoes are cute but I still have to emphasize in case someone reads this and doesn't realize I only own cute shoes), a lacy tank top underneath my pink jumper that wraps the front and a black cardigan. Those pants make my ass look FINE. I also bought my first UW sweatshirt! Well, technically I bought one my freshman year but it somehow stretched out and I shrunk and so I had to give it away. I'm ashamed that I've been a Dawg for over 4 years and I don't own a UW sweatshirt. Anyways, bad news is that most of them - the nice ones - cost about $40. The good news is that I fit an XL in children's. Yay! It was only $26 AND I had a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more. Awesome. I got an official UW sweatshirt for cheap that I can now wear with pride. I want to get another 1 or 2 (white ande/or grey) in the next year. Those coupons come out every quarter so I'll wait till Janurary to contemplate my next purchase.

Georgia's birthday is on the 14th but we had an early birthday dinner last night at Charlie's on Broadway. It was Georgia and Val (her cousin), Ryan, Junior and me, Aaron and Betty, Mike and Matt, Jimmy and Chungyi (I think that's how you spell it...) and Tammy and Anthony. I was showing my pants off to Ryan when Georgia looked over and said, quite loudly as she always does, "Girl, you got some dumps!" Now in case you don't know, when someone's talkin about your 'dumps,' they talkin' bout yo ass. 'Junk in the trunk' also means the same thing.

After dinner, half of us went karaoke singing. I love karaoke singing! We had our own little room and even made our first 'music video!' Junior recorded us singing and dancing to The Pussycat Doll's Don't Cha.


Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was freak like me
Don't cha
Don't cha
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me
Don't cha
Don't cha

His camara records sound, too! It was fun. He's going to put it online so we can all access it...oh dear, hahahah. And no, the song is not about homewrecking! It's about being hot and sexy but respectful, because the second stanza goes:


Fight the feeling (fight the feeling)
Leave it alone (leave it alone)
Cause if it ain't love
It just aint enough to leave a happy home (a happy home)

I really like the lyrics. Read them. Ryan also recorded Junior, The Queen, singing Mariah Carey's Fantasy on his phone. Hilarious!!! He does Mariah impressions so well. It was TOO funny; my jaw was hurting from laughing so much.

There was one song I really wanted to sing and that was Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway, but it took me 4 tries to finally get the song to play! The first three, the machine would just skip the song - grrrrr. The last try, I told the manager and he said he'd try and fix it. Fourth time's a charm! It worked and I got to sing my song.

Matt requested Tiffany's I Think We're Alone Now, and that totally brought me back to The Piper and reminded me of Flick and Phil and Elena, Jess and Ruth and Row (we were all in the dance club)! We always requested it at The Piper; it was tradition. Of course I sang along and it made me miss everyone in England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home