Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Good (Hair), the Bad (Clients) and the Ugly (Money)

I went to work today in such a good mood. It's because I was wearing a new shirt - a really cute teal coloured polo. It makes me look real good. :D And I'd just washed my hair and was having a good hair day as well. I also got my bracelet fixed - yay! Work was very busy again and it seemed like Christmas in the mall, with people rushing about weighed down by bags and children screaming. About halfway through my shift I started to get really irritable and was annoyed with every client; everyone was just pissing me off - and they didn't even have to do anything! - and I was bout to bitch slap someone! So I went and took a break before I hurt someone and got myself fired or something. I don't know why I was so irritable, and no, I'm not PMSing. Anyways, the rest of my shift went alright and I was finally able to get out of there.

I need a faculty sponsor for my internship and I was trying to get this Professor Fearn-Banks to do it for me. But I had to really beg for it because I'm not a part of PRSSA (PR society on campus). So I sent her my request and told her all about the company and what I'd be doing. She emailed me back today saying yes. Woohoo! Now if I can just get into her PR class as well... I wish she'd tell me if I got in because I hate to be kept waiting like this. If I got in, then it's all peachy keen; if I didn't, then I was gonna go for another class. But I can't do anything until I find out! That's ok. I see her on Monday so I'll ask and find out.

I really need to get a new job that pays me more. I'm totally underpaid and now that I've started uni and an internship, I can't work as much as I could before. It's either get a higher paying job or force work to give me a raise. I don't think I'm that indispensable to them, though I am really good. I've got a couple of applications so we'll see. I need more money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home