Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Hideous Monstrosity in an 80s Neon Orange Suit

That's my PR professor. Yes, you read it right - PR. She's been in the field for ages; she should know better than to wear that disgusting outfit! Imagine one of those 80s style suits, with the tapered legs and boxy shoulder-padded jackets. Now take the horrible suit and put it in neon orange. Yeah, I was horrified and stunned when she walked in the room today. Who let that woman out the door like that? And who told her that was cute?! Whoever it was, they LIED! *Insert disgusted noise* Awful. I don't like her lectures either; her voice is so monotonous it lectures me to sleep. I have to survive a quarter through her class and with her as my academic supervisor for my internship AND I have to get through her writing class next quarter. I am not a happy camper. I'm tempted to drop the internship as a class (meaning I won't get credit for it) and just take it for experience. If I just bear it through the next 9 weeks and take the credit for the internship, that may leave me to only have to take 2 COM classes to graduate next quarter, which means I may be free to take that advertising class I was eyeing. I need to see my advisor about that.

I had another job interview right after class today. It was with Crabtree & Evelyn and I think I really impressed her. If she decides to hire me, I'm gonna ask for a higher pay than what I originally asked. Hell, I might even just leave Vickie's altogether if she gives me a supervisor position. Being a supervisor is so much better; being a regular sales associate just isn't challenging enough for me anymore. There's no growth, no new skills to be learned, no challenge at all. I don't want to blow up my ego or anything but honestly, being a regular sales associate is too easy for me. What with all my years in retail, there's almost no need to train me; I just need the basic trainings, like familiarizing myself with the cash registers and product knowledge, and since I pick up on things real fast, product knowledge is a piece of cake. Anyways, I hope she's super impressed with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home