Saturday, October 08, 2005

I am Smokin'! And Had a Damn Good Day

No, I don't mean smokin' as in cigarettes and weed; that's gross. I meant I was like buttah on a roll at work today, opening them credit cards!! I got 7 today = makes 10 this week = means I can pick a prize out of the prize box! And I hear that there are some damn good prizes in that prize box. I think it's because I'm having such a good day.

First of all, I got enough sleep. A rested Jess is a happy (and social) Jess. I spoke to Em again, on MSN messenger, before I went off to work, and she informed me that urbanoutfitters.com is having a shoe sale. I checked the United (Airlines) Mileage Mall and it's one of their listed merchants. Yay! That means if I buy stuff from there, via Mileage Mall, I get miles! I love this Mileage Mall; they have almost all the merchants that I shop with (all except Express and Victoria's Secret). Awesome. Anyways, what I found at Urban Outfitters was what made my day: they sell Converse All Stars, which are on sale at the moment for $29.99 (originally $38) - the cheapest I've found so far - but there's also an additional web exclusive discount of 25%... so they come to $22.49!!! Ohmygosh, I'm so buying them in Very Berry (fuschia)!! Not only that, they have really, really cute ballet flats with no bows on the front! I hate those little bows. However, I must exercise self-discipline and not buy those because I already have cute flats and I don't need another pair. Despite the fact that they come in pink...

In addition, I went to Target last night to buy a notebook for school and browsed around the shoe section and found my next pair of nice wear-to-interviews shoes: black, knee-high, kitten heel, pointy toed boots! I've been looking for a pair of kitten heel boots for AGES and now I've finally found a pair! Yay again! I read somewhere that all women can be catagorized as either a Shoe Lover or a Handbag Lover; as much as I love handbags, however, I am most definitely a Shoe Lover.

Furthermore, someone called me a "tasty bisquit" on MySpace. Nothing like someone complimenting you first thing in the day. Even though he spelled biscuit wrong... AND I got the job at Crabtree & Evelyn! Triple yay! I'll be a supervisor - thank goodness - and I've decided to leave Vicki's even if they up my pay because there's no challenge there. I'm just a regular sales associate and I know they don't need any supervisors. However, American Eagle called and wants to offer me a job as well. I have to call her back tomorrow and see what she's offering in terms of pay, position and how many hours she can promise me. Being a supervisor at AE would be undeniably more attractive and plus the discount would be more useful. We'll see.

Today totally makes up for all those shitty, no-one-to-snuggle-with days last week. Now I just wish I was going out to a club to let all this good vibin' energy turn into dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home