Sunday, October 09, 2005

Quitting Vickie's

So I quit Vickie's today. Good thing Sherilyn was in; I didn't want to talk to Clara because I know it'd break her heart. I didn't want to be the one to give her the news that I was leaving. Sher was really understanding about me not getting paid enough and therefore having to work more hours to make up the lack of pay and therefore exhausting my body. She's so awesome. I asked her to keep it hush-hush; I wanted to leave quietly and not make a big fuss about it. Even though I've only been there for a month and a half, I'm going to miss everyone there.

I've been offered a job at both Crabtree & Evelyn and American Eagle. Which one to go for? C&E is offering me a supervisor position in a very small store, probably about 30 or so hours a week. AE will be offering me a sales associate position in a (relatively) much bigger store, probably going to make me head cashier; however, as far as she can tell (because it's a new store), I'll probably get about 20 hours a week to begin with, but I don't know for how long. Both will be paying me the same and both seem to have really lovely people working there. However, the discount at AE would be far more useful than the discount at C&E. AE sells clothes (which I like) and C&E sells lotions and other pampering beauty items. Decisions, decisions.

I finally got around to joining facebook last night. It connects me to people I went to high school with *nostalgia!* and people that go to the same university (including those in my current courses) as me. It's pretty cool to use as a tool to reconnect with your friends in high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home