Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ticket

I got a ticket this morning. A fucking speeding ticket. Argh, I am SO pissed off, with myself, with the cop, with driving and most especially with the road! The reason why I was going a bit faster than the speeding limit was because I was turning left from Somerset Drive onto Somerset Boulevard, the really steep main road on the really steep Somerset Hill. The way the road curves and the hill climbs, from where you sit at the stopsign, you can't look over the hill and bushes to your right to see if any cars are coming down. You can see to the left fine because that's looking downhill. Anyways, so taking a left at that stopsign is difficult and you always run the risk of turning just as a car, that you can't see, is coming downhill. So, what do you do to prevent a potential accident? You speed up a little just in case there is a car coming to avoid hitting and then brake and slow down when you make a safe turn! Bastards. The cop pulled me over a couple of yards down from the turn, BEFORE I had a chance to slow down. Fucking shit. That, of course, made me late to the office. My boss says I should take pictures of the turn and explain where I sit at to the judge. Hell and damnation, that just blows my good mood out of the water. Bastards.

And damnit, those sweaters from J Crew have sold out online already! ARGH. Today is NOT my fucking day. At least I know that one good thing's going to happen today: (Prof.) Crispin (Thurlow) is coming to guest lecture for my Visual Communications class. I love him; he's the best professor and best lecturer I've ever had.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Jess.
Maybe the last bit was a blessing in diguise though? Look how your Coach bag situation turned out. It's most probably all in your favour whether you know it or not. =)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home