Monday, October 31, 2005

Dance

Last Friday was my second lesson at dance class. We did the foxtrot week before last, which confirmed the fact that I don't like it very much. I saw it on tv once and I didn't find it that exciting. Last week we did some swing. It reminded me of salsa. The turns, the steps were all reminiscent of what I did in salsa in Hull last year. This week, we're going to do the waltz. Even though I know it already, it was never one of a forte so this'll be good and interesting. Ed Long, my instructor, is SO much better than Vicky. He's been teaching dance since the 50s. I'm taking this class through the Experimental College at uni. It offers classes in areas not found in the usual university environment. After this session, which is just social ballrom, I'm gonna take the Latin dances session, which is Session 2. I want to take the Tango class as well but I don't think I can fit it into my schedule this quarter. There's too much on my plate at the moment as it is and I'm trying to work as much as I can so I can save up the dough. But there's always next quarter! And anyways, these classes are offered to the general public, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home