Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Home and Graduation

I flew home last Wednesday. It was good to be home. It was great to see friends and family. Despite that, when I touched down in SeaTac, I missed England-home already. Haha. Anyway, it felt good to be home.

The COM Department commencement was Thursday and my brother and sister attended with me. It was really informal and casual and I actually saw several people I knew! I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't know anyone because 1) I finished in Winter Quarter (March) whereas most people finished in Spring Qtr. (June), 2) most of my friends either aren't in COM or have already graduated last year. But I saw Sarah and it turns out that she'd flown back for graduation, too! She's moved back to Korea and she's got a really good marketing/PR job - like me! - with L'Oreal. Awesome! She gets a lot of freebies. Yay for freebies! I also saw a couple of people from my PR classes back.

I also saw David Silver, my prof for Concepts of New Media. Woohoo! That class was one of the best I'd taken and I'm still getting feedback from the Facebook team! David and Crispin (Thurlow) are my absolute favourite professors; it was because of Crispin's COM 202 class that inspired me and made me want to major in COM. I dread to think where I'd be if I hadn't taken that class.

OMG, and David told me he reads my blog! He's probably reading this right now! Hi David, if you're reading this! By the way, I'm not sucking up cuz I'm no longer a student. Woohoo! And then David tells me that Crispin sends his regards and that they've spoken about me. OMG. No way! I was floored because although I know them both and I know that David definitely knows me and Crispin kinda knows me, the fact that they've actually spoken about me (keeping in mind I'm not really active in or terribly involved with the COM dept. or on campus like a lot of other students) proves that I'm just more than a number (more than just another student in one of their classes)!! I was, like, wow. I don't have adequate words to describe how awesome that is.

I got my hair done on Friday. I'm such a snob that I have to fly home to have my hair redyed. Hahaha! Anyway, I don't trust just anyone with my hair and Kyongi does a really good job so until I find a replacement or suddenly become incredibly rich enough to fly her out, I'll just have to wait until the next time I go home to get my hair done. I also got a much-needed pedicure. Finally! I'm becoming really addicted to pedicures; they feel so good! My toes are lovely again in a shocking pink colour (the colour's O.P.I. - It's All Greek to Me). Gorgeous!

The school-wide graduation ceremony on Saturday was nice, with all its traditions and such, but it was forever long. I actually fell asleep in the middle of it! Haha! My mom was concerned about not being able to spot me amidst the sea of black cap and gowns so I taped a giant white 'J' on my cap so she could spot me easier; it helped. I'm a genius. There was a girl with a giant pink blow-up flamingo on her cap. Lots of people had different things on their caps - my friend Lindsy had a soccer ball cut-out on hers - but luckily no one had the exact same thing as mine. Hehehe.

Pictures will be up once my sister emails them to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home