Monday, July 24, 2006

Please Stop the Fighting

Day in and day out, more and more stories of the Hezbollha-Israeli conflict come pouring through to us through print, tv/radio broadcasts, the internet, etc. I can't stand this. Innocent people - children - are dying because stupid adults don't know how to calmly and politely speak to each other and talk things through. Just reading about it and seeing the horrific images makes me want to cry and rail at the skies. (I should to stop reading the news whilst at work but I can't help it.)

Am I just being overly sensitive and too empathic? Why aren't the 'superpowers' doing anything about this?! Oh I know Rice has flown in to Beirut for talks...but I can't help but think that we (as Americans, as Britons, as the a global community!) should've intervened a lot earlier. All this useless death! ARGH!

It sounds silly and almost childish but why can't everyone just get along? Is it really that hard? Compromise, people. COMPROMISE. It's the way forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home