Monday, September 18, 2006

The Day After The Ball

Sunday was a gloriously sunny day. Flick had left soon after 9:30 since she had to get back to Hull; she'd texted me to see if I was awake and I was, like, 'Shit, no cuz I didn't get to sleep until about 4.' By 10:30am, Jan and Barbara had stopped by to say goodbye, Noel and Wil had disappeared, Simon was awake laughing at David, who was a tad bit hungover due to all the champagne he'd consumed the night before.

Showers were taken, bodies were dressed, makeup was applied and breakfast was consumed. It took Simon and David a while to get up, get ready and break their fast so Nick and I watched the end of The Warriors and he introduced me to Babylon 5 with the award-winning episode 'The Coming of Shadows' from Season 2. I'd never seen Babylon 5 and it was quite good, actually.

None of us had any plans and since we had a pretty heavy night last night, we decided to just chill out and enjoy the sunshine. That called for enjoying Subway sandwiches at Christ's Pieces in Cambridge and people watching. Afterwards, we had 3 games of bowling! I love bowling and really don't do it enough; the last time I bowled was in Hull the winter before with Nick P., Yvette and Sophie, which was too long ago! Simon's really good at bowling and Nick and David weren't too bad either. I'm not very good but I did manage to get a couple of spares and strikes. Woohoo! The three of them together was great company and I had so much fun just hanging out. I was also made an honorary man because, in their words, 'I'm like one of the guys.' Yeah, cuz I'm cool like that. LOL!

We ended the day with some Chinese take-away and NFL football. It seems to be our habit now, ending Sundays with take-away and a live football game. Anyway, the Buffalo Bills whooped the Miami Dolphins 16-6. They had to play in a baseball field! I also checked the rest of the scores this morning: the Seahawks won 21-10 over the Arizona Cardinals. Go Hawks go! SuperBowl XLI!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home