Friday, September 08, 2006

Driving On The Left

I drove today. Yes, that's right, I drove on the left side of the road for the first time ever today. It was awesome!

My workmate, Dave, was giving me a lift to the bus station and as we set off, he asked if I drive. I said yes but I haven't driven here and I don't know how to drive a manual yet. (I'm gonna learn soon though because Nick said he should teach me how to drive a stick in his old car before he sells it. Woohoo!) He was taking the company car home today because he has a client meeting on Monday.

Dave: You can drive this car because it's an automatic. Wanna try?
Jessie: Um..I don't know...
D: Come on, you'll be fine. You're legally allowed to drive this car since you're insured.
J: Ok, then.
*Switch sides*

Toooootally cool. I hopped into the driver's seat - click seatbelt, adjust seat, check mirrors - and it was just felt natural. The drive wasn't longer than 15 minutes but it was awesome. I hadn't realised how much I'd missed driving. I don't miss owning a car because it really is a lot of hassle and costs a bunch, but I miss the part of sitting behind the wheel and controlling a vehicle. Driving on the left side was so not a problem either. I didn't think about it once while I was driving and it just was not an issue. I'm so pleased with myself!!

Next mission: learn stick! Where's Nick when ya need him??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home