Thursday, January 19, 2006

Take Me to the Movies!

Watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on Sunday - a little behind again.. - with my sister and it was good. I never saw the original live-action one but I've seen an animated version. The creatures in it were SO believably real and it really conveyed the epic feel of the whole story. The Witch looked pretty damn cool, too. During the battle scenes (which were pretty amazing), I actually kept thinking about the battle scenes at Helm's Deep in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Brokeback Mountain won 4 Golden Globe Awards (Yay, that's ma boys!) including Best Drama, Best Director (Ang Lee's Taiwanese!), Best Screenplay and Best Original Song. Now I've got my eyes on the Oscars...

Some other movies out or coming out that I wanna see: Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen? A period film set in England? Of course!), Syriana, Tristan & Isolde (It's a love story! Duh!), Casanova (Another love story!), Underworld Evolution (Vampires! Yay!), V for Vendetta (It's set in Britain! Duh!!) and Munich (Danger! Intrigue!). That's a lot of movies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home