Monday, July 31, 2006

Should I Squeal or Scream?

Dilemma! Bridalwave featured this fantasy gown as Frock Horror #22. I had to look at the website because 1) curiosity of Frock Horror #22's fellow frocks, 2) I'm a sucker for anything from a bygone era, especially fashion, and 3) I've been obsessed with weddings lately (blame all the people around me who are getting married).

Now, I've got mixed feelings about this whole enchilada. On one hand I'm oohing and aahing about all the princess details. I'm a total girly girl when it comes to fairy tales - I'm a firm believer in happily-ever-after I'll have you know! - and anything romantic turns me to mush (gross, says my pragmatic side). On the other hand, it all strikes me as a bit pretentious.

However, despite being a bit of a poser, I'm still fawning over the gowns. Ooh, what I wouldn't give to be in my own fairy tale! (My favourite's Sleeping Beauty by the way, particularily Tchaikovsky's score...it's sooooo romantic...and to waltz to it! *Gush*) Aaanywayyy, I love the Rosebud Gown, especially the seventh line in the story that goes with it: 'The other ladies whispered, "Who is she? She must be a very important princess. Did you see her gown? Now that is the latest style."' Haha, sounds like something I would've said! Another reason why I like this one best is probably because this model doesn't make me crack up and howl with laughter. The other one, the one with the long brown hair, looks like a pretentious twit. *Snorts*

So back to Frock Horror #22, Cinderella's gown. For some unfanthomable reason, I actually like it. Oh dear, you say. Oh dear, indeed. Of course, I can't stand the model - she's the pretentious twit by the way - and by all that is holy in fashion, I shouldn't like the gown but I kind of do. Oh well, what the hell. (If anyone remembers which character from Catch-22 said this, please tell me because I can't remember for the life of me and I haven't the book handy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home