Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I <3 The All-American Rejects

I just got back from The All-American Rejects concert and it was awesome. They rock my world and I love their music. From left to right, they're Mike Kennerty, Tyson Ritter, Nick Wheeler and Chris Gaylor.

Of course, they're not bad looking either. Ritter's (vocals, bass) got amazing cheekbones. Before I knew what they looked like - and to be honest, I probably wouldn't recognize them now even if they passed me on the street - I had a total crush on Ritter's voice. (Yes, that is possible. Don't judge me.) It's because of the way he sings 'Your hands are mine to hold' in Move Along. Aaaaaanyway, I think I prefer Wheeler (guitar, keyboards, backing vocals). Something about that hair... Kennerty's on guitar and backing vocals while Gaylor is drums and percussions.

The Format and Matchbook Romance were the opening acts. I quite like The Format but I wasn't so keen on the latter. Yseult wasn't too keen on them either. I was originally supposed to go with Emily but something with her lecture came up and she couldn't make it. Nick couldn't get away for the night as he's too tired from being too busy at work, so the ticket got passed along to Dave, my American friend whom I met on the bus. Unfortunately, he couldn't find his passport while packing for tomorrow's flight so I was stranded with an extra ticket! Luckily, Yseult just texted me, saying she was bored so she got a free concert ticket. Yay, I was saved. Third time's a charm!

AAR's set wasn't as long as I expected - just over an hour - but it was still really good and they did play my favourite song (Dance Inside) so I'm a happy camper. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Inconnue said...

I believe you fell in love with his voice.
I'm in love with the drummer from Muse just because his drumming is soooo sexy. Yeah. That bad. And I only actually bothered looking at what he looks like the other day. He's alright. Haha.
But yeah.

And you guys went to Marriot? The hotel? Lol. Well, aren't we posh! :P
Haha.
Hope you had a good one Sis!

Let us know what's in store for you in "the next chapter". :)

3:34 AM  
Blogger June said...

I loooved the way he sings "Your hands are mine to hold"!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home