Monday, January 23, 2006

Casanova - The Movie

I just watched Casanova with Dem today and it was GOOD. It was surprisingly funny - I laughed quite hard at some parts - and just a great feel-good movie! I wasn't expecting all the humorous bits - quite delighted though - and was kinda expecting a more romantic movie. That's not to say that it wasn't romantic, for it was, but it was more along the lines of a romantic comedy, which was excellent. It's set in 18th Century Venice, which is SO romantic. Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love period films and Venice (!!) is breathless. I want to go there so bad and I've been wanting to go to the Venice Carnival for years! Dress up in opulent and extravagant costumes with a beautifully elaborate mask and attend a masquarade ball! This year, however, I'm gonna miss it; it starts 17 February and runs through 28 February. Bummer! Well, I still wanna go see it..have a romantic stroll through Piazza San Marco, a romantic ride on a gondola with a singing gondolier (though I've heard that it's very expensive) and buy an authentic carnival mask. It looks so exciting.

How opulent! How beautiful! How fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home